ANSI/ASME flange – The standard of ASME/ANSI B16.5 covers:
- weld neck flange,
- threaded / screwed flange,
- slip on flange,
- socket weld flange,
- lap joint flange,
- blind flange.
ANSI B16.5 covers sizes up to 24″ diameter, in rating classes of 150 lbs, 300lb, 400lb, 600lb, 900lb, 1500lb and 2500lb.
Bigger sized flanges are covered by ASME/ANSI B16.47 Series A (MSS SP-44) and ASME/ANSI B16.47 Series B (API 605) for weld neck flange & blind flange, the size range is 26″ through to 60″ diameter. In series A, class ratings are for 150lb, 300lb, 400lb, 600lb and 900lb. In series B, class ratings are for 75lb, 150lb, 300lb, 400lb, 600lb and 900lb.
EN1092-1 flange – The standard of EN1092-1 flanges covers the below types:
- Type 01 Plate (slip on) Flange for Welding,
- Type 02 Loose Plate Flanges with Weld On Plate Collar or for lapped pipe end,
- Type 04 Loose Plate Flanges with Weld Neck Collar,
- Type 05 Blind Flange,
- Type 11 Weld Neck Flange,
- Type 12 Hubbed Slip On Flanges for Welding,
- Type 13 Hubbed Threaded Flanges,
- Type 21 Integral Flange,
- Type 32 Weld on Plate Collar,
- Type 33 Lapped Pipe End,
- Type 34 Weld neck Collar,
- Type 35 Welding Neck,
- Type 36 Pressed collar with long neck,
- Type 37 Pressed Collar.
According to specification, type number 32, 33, 35, 36 and 37 are for use with type 02 flange and type number 34 for use with type 04 flange. Availiable sizes are from DN10 up to DN4000 diameter and pressure rating includes PN2.5, PN6, PN10, PN16, PN25, PN40, PN64, PN100, PN160, PN250, PN320, PN400.